Fig, Pear & Honey Portobellos w/Blue Cheese
FIG, PEAR & HONEY PORTOBELLOS W/BLUE CHEESE
For the mushroom lover, one of our favorite appetizers, incredibly simple to make yet packed with sophisticated flavors!
Serving Size: 2 appetizers
6 baby portobello mushroom caps
2 Tbsp breadcrumbs
3 ounces blue cheese
Blake Hill’s Classic Fig with Pear & Honey Jam
1. Preheat oven to 400°F
2. Clean mushroom caps with a paper towel and place on sheet tray, stem side down
3. Sprinkle mushrooms with sea salt and place in oven for 10 minutes
4. While mushrooms are cooking, in a bowl mix blue cheese with breadcrumbs
5. Remove tray from oven and turn mushrooms over
6. Top each mushroom with 0.5 oz of blue cheese mix and 1 tsp Blake Hill’s Fig with Pear & Honey Jam
7. Place mushrooms back in oven for 5-7 minutes until they get a little crisp on their edges and cheese melts
8. Serve with crostinis or crispbread ~ and Enjoy!
CLASSIC FIG WITH PEAR & HONEY
Taking a classic fig jam to a new, complex level, we blend figs with fresh orange, pears and honey to create a luscious fig jam, and then add toasted caraway seeds, black pepper and sea salt for perfect savory sophistication.
Fruit (Turkish figs (figs, water), pears, orange), brown sugar, honey, apple cider vinegar, spice blend, sea salt (10oz)
Recipe courtesy of Blake Hill Preserves