Fresh Oklahoma Pawnee Pecans- This large, oblong pecan is easy to pick out of its shell. A popular cultivar grown all over Oklahoma, Pawnees ripen faster than other types of pecan and available for purchase sooner in the season.
We weigh the pecans before cracking. Please note that oil stains on the bag are normal and a sign that your pecans are freshly cracked. Bag will contain pieces of shell so care should be taken to pick through carefully before eating or using in your favorite recipe. Some shells will settle to the bottom of the bag. Don't toss them out! Once picked over, pecan shells make a great mulch for acid-loving plants like azaleas.
Pecans are a type of nut that are known for their rich, buttery flavor and crunchy texture. Here are some potential health benefits of pecans:
2. Anti-inflammatory properties: Pecans contain antioxidants such as flavonoids, which can help reduce inflammation in the body and lower the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer and arthritis.
3. Digestive health: Pecans are a good source of fiber, which can promote digestive health by improving bowel regularity and reducing the risk of constipation.
4. Blood sugar control: Pecans are a low glycemic index food, meaning that they release sugar into the bloodstream slowly and can help stabilize blood sugar levels.
5. Brain health: Pecans are a good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant that can help protect brain cells from oxidative damage and may help reduce the risk of cognitive decline and Alzheimer's disease.
6. Bone health: Pecans are a good source of magnesium, which is essential for bone health and can help reduce the risk of osteoporosis.